featured

Attending a fashion party as a journalist

5:22 PMJennie Barck

During my time in Singapore I got my first invitation to attend a fashion party; Harper Bazaar's Asia New Generation event no less. I was obviously beyond hyped up about this and had to carefully consider an outfit that was, excuse my language, completely on fleek. It had to exude the right amount of sophistication, professionalism (as it was still a job gig) and knowledge of current fashion trends. I therefore opted for something that would be suitable for the hot weather but still cover up; white trumpet trousers and a grey top with my favourite pop of colour; yellow handbag. Since I was all dressed up in my finest I decided to create a bit of a fashion editorial of it with my mom who just LOVES photographing me with all my demands and uncomfortability in front of the camera. Nevertheless I had fun styling it and thought the photos turned out quite cute so I decided to share them with you! The event was a complete success and I had an amazing time (shout out to Siiri for pushing me; there's so much I wouldn't have done if you weren't there to encourage me!). If you're interested in the article I wrote about the actual event and designers, head on over to Popspoken in the next few days, or check a little piece I wrote for uni about Singapore's identity as a fashion capital here. Hope you're all chasing your dreams!








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form